The Water Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO of Kendall County are experts in water extraction services, water mitigation, and structural reconstruction. The complex process is done in several steps beginning with inspection and assessment and finishing with restoration.
The step-by-step process includes:
- Inspection and damage assessment: the first step after a water loss, is to completely inspect the property for safety issues and initial damages.
- Water extraction/removal: After a plan has been put in place, the water extraction process begins. This step helps remove water from your home or office quickly.
- Drying and dehumidification: After the excess water has been removed from a space, SERVPRO of Kendall County will begin the drying and dehumidification process.
- Sanitizing, cleaning, and odor removal: After the space is dry, the next step is to clean, sanitize and deodorize the walls, floors, and personal objects. Floodwater can contain harmful microbes and likely will cause an unpleasant odor. .
- Restoration or reconstruction: For severely damaged homes or offices, the final step is reconstruction. During this phase, damaged drywall may be repaired or replaced and new carpeting may be installed. O
Water or Flood Damage?
Call Today – (630) 554-2280
Every water damage event is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. You can click on any of the steps below to learn more about that process.
Step 1 - Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will guide you through the crisis and may ask several questions to help us better understand the equipment and resources.
Step 2 - Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
We determine the scope of your water damage at this stage. We inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration.
Step 3 - Water Removal / Water Extraction
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons from your property, which helps prevent secondary water damage and mold growth.
Step 4 - Drying and Dehumidification
We use specialized equipment to remove the remaining water that is harder to access. Our Professionals will use room measurements, temperature, and relative humidity to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers needed to dry your home or business.
Step 5 - Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean all of the restorable items and structures damaged by the water. We are adept at cleaning contents using a number of techniques. Our professionals are trained to provide sanitizing treatments and to remove odors and deodorize your property.
Step 6 - Restoration
Restoration is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.